[wingide-users] Key mapping.

SirJSR sirjsr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 10:56:45 MST 2007

 Great!  Some good options, and the keyboard you reference is certainly on
steroids; I'll have to check one of them out.

Jim Roberts

Regarding:
> "map! ii <esc>"
>
> ... which allows me to exit insert mode by pressing the i key twice.
> All kinds of way to do it:  http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=285

You can't currently map ii in this way in Wing, but you can add other key
bindings.  Normally, this is done with the User Interface / Keyboard /
Custom Key Bindings preference.  However, that doesn't let you enter the
virtual mode indicators used in vi mode, so you'll have to edit keymap.vi in
your Wing installation.  You may want to keep your additions in a separate
file by using an import like this:

%include keymap.myvi

And then in the file keymap.myvi add something like:

'Insert-Kp_delete': 'enter-browse-mode'

You can easily find the key names using the Custom Key Bindings preference.
Other alternatives that come to mind are:

'Insert-Kp_enter': 'enter-browse-mode'
'Insert-Kp_insert': 'enter-browse-mode'
'Insert-Ctrl-Space': 'enter-browse-mode'

Unlike the preference, this does require restarting Wing.

I saw someone recommended a keyboard as part of the solution on the page you
reference above.  I've got one of these:

http://www.comfortkeyboard.com/keyboards_comfort.html