[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 20

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 30 09:50:46 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 07:37 -0800, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> pyQT IS under site-packages, as it can be imported.
> I would expect that any directory under here would be accessible by
> Wing, by default because the libs can already be imported by any
> program.
> Should I add site-packages to the Python Path in Project Properties or
> just the dir under it for pyQT?

Hmm, site-packages should already be on your path, although I note that
the PyQT How-To for Wing says to add Lib/site-packages to your path.
See "Test Driving the Source Browser" in:

http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/pyqt

One possible problems is confusion about which Python installation is
being used (if you have more than one).

However, I'm wondering if pyqt has changed since the above was written.
It may now modify or add to path internally (fixable by setting Python
Path in Wing) or is written in a dynamic way so that the completion
information just isn't there (not so fixable, except possibly by using
src/wingutils/generate_pi.py in your Wing installation to generate
interface files by scraping the modules at runtime).

It's been a while since I used PyQT.  Anyone else here have recent
experience w/ it and Wing?

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python