[wingide-users] Debugger mystery! & Deleting Projects

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Jan 27 09:36:34 MST 2007

SirJSR wrote:
> I just bought Wing, and I tried debugging a simple script that I wrote.  For
> some reason, there are references to a file which I have no idea of, a file
> that becomes entangled in my debugging session.  Here's a line from the
> output.
>
> "Failed to open document 'securechannel.py
> (C:\src\ide-2.1\bin\2.5\opensource\schannel)'"

This sometimes happens when you step into a input / raw_input call.
It's a bug in Wing that hopefully will be fixed soon.  The workaround is
to step over these calls.

> One further question:  How does one simply delete or remove a project?  I
> looked around, and I couldn't see a reference on how to do this.  Is it just
> a matter of simply deleting the ".wpr" file and the other files associated
> with the project?

The .wpr file can simply be deleted, along with the .wpu file if it's a
shared project.  Those are the only Wing files for the project -- it's
up to you whether you want to remove the source files or not.

Cheers,