[wingide-users] More syntax highlight

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jan 22 09:09:55 MST 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Jaroslaw Zabiello wrote:
> I'd like to see WingIDE available to recognize *more syntax
> highlight*. Eg. Django/Jinja (example:
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/712/), Genshi, Mako
> (http://makotemplates.org) or Myghty (http:myghty.org) templates.
>
> It should not be very difficult since  there is ready code to use. See
> http://pygments.pocoo.org/ It would be a killer feature.

Right now, adding syntax highlighting is a matter of writing C++
code to interface with Scintilla (the code editor).  Adding an
engine based on the above might be a nice way to cover the
template languages (although it remains to be seen if it's fast
enough to work interactively as it would have to in Wing).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python