[wingide-users] debugging in code

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 18 15:54:59 MST 2007

johnf wrote:
> In the visual foxpro world there is a way to invoke the debugger - "set step
> on".  You place the code "set step on" anywhere you want the debugger to open
> and to control the execution of code.  So I'm wondering if there is a way to
> do this with the wing debugger.

With Wing you need to set a breakpoint at a specific line number, so you
set one or more breakpoints and then start the debugger.  Does Foxpro
have the capability to stop on any line in a particular file?

> I ask this because I'm working with the Dabo Framework.  Dabo's creates a
> class/form dynamicly from a xml file.  So how can I place wing breakpoints
> within a dynamicly created form?  So far I have not figured out a way.

Wing can only set a breakpoint on lines of code in a Python code file.
If Dabo generates a file with the callbacks and then imports the file,
then you can open the generated file and set a breakpoint.  If Dabo
skips the step of generating a file, then Wing cannot set a breakpoint
on the code.

Cheers,