[wingide-users] debugging in code

johnf jfabiani at yolo.com
Thu Jan 18 11:05:14 MST 2007

Hi,
In the visual foxpro world there is a way to invoke the debugger - "set step
on".  You place the code "set step on" anywhere you want the debugger to open
and to control the execution of code.  So I'm wondering if there is a way to
do this with the wing debugger.

I ask this because I'm working with the Dabo Framework.  Dabo's creates a
class/form dynamicly from a xml file.  So how can I place wing breakpoints
within a dynamicly created form?  So far I have not figured out a way.

To create the forms Dabo uses "ClassDesigner.py" to create the XML file.  The
file can contain python code.  Therefore the reason for my question - I want
to debug my forms.  Could I place something in the code segments
ClassDesigner.py allows that would fire the wing debugger?

I'm thinking:
From wing start "main.py" - main will open the xml file
somewhere I place a "set step on"  in the xml
wing sees the "set stop on"  and fires the debugger.
--
John Fabiani