[wingide-users] Plotting under WingIDE debugger

Peter Wang pwang at enthought.com
Wed Jan 17 08:56:30 MST 2007

Quoting Mark Jeffree <markj at sonartech.com.au>:

> Has anyone had any joy using pylab under the WingIDE debugger (on windows)?
>
> I've tried several interactive and non-interactive backends and they
> either throw an exception or open blank frames that don't update when I
> expose them. My preference would be "wx", but I'll take anything that
> works.
>
> Failing that, has anyone had any success with a different 2D
> plotting package?

I don't use pylab/matplotlib, but I do develop Chaco
(code.enthought.com/chaco) and use WingIDE to debug several
applications that use Chaco for their interactive plotting.  This is
under win32, using Chaco's wx and Agg backend.  From what I
understand, pylab handles its Agg-to-wx transfer somewhat differently
than Chaco, and this might be where the problem lies.

-Peter