[wingide-users] Changing Python Path from Script

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jan 12 18:41:03 MST 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Michael Foord wrote:
> All our imports are absolute imports based on the directory of our main
> script. This means that the Python path needs to be :
>
>     Directory of main script
>     Main Directory/Python24
>
> We need this setting for autocomplete to work.

Maybe this is useful in crafting a work-around for now:

As John said, the dir of the main script should be added
automatically so nothing should be needed here.  Also, the
location of the main debug file (as set from Debug menu) is
stored in the project as a partial path, relative to the project
location, so it should work when checking things out to different
locations.

For the second element, what about using an environment variable?
In project and file properties, anything in the form $(ENVNAME)
is expanded out from the contents of the environment.

So it should work to define the Python Path element as
$(MAINDIR)/Python24 and setting MAINDIR environment variable from
the command or a shell script / batch file before launching Wing
(the script/batch file could of course also launch Wing and open
the project)

This isn't ideal, but maybe it'll help...

- Stephan