[wingide-users] Execute to Window & Jump to Error Line

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 09:43:21 MST 2007

Wingware Support wrote:
>> You may want to look at how the cvs script handles subprocesses and
>> use that approach instead.  I will look at your script later and try
>> to suggest a better approach.  I just looked at your script briefly
>> saw that it imported threading and thought this may be a problem.
>> Sorry that the wingapi is not documented as being not thread safe.
>
> It looks like your options are either to use
> application.AsyncExecuteCommandLine and to wait until the command
> terminates to feed the output to the scratch editor or to
We need to see the output as it is created (otherwise if something does
block you have no idea how far it got), so this idea is out.

> reach through the api to get the incremental output.  An example of
> how to do the first is the cvs support script, cvs.py and I could come
> up with an example of the second if you want, though it's likely to be
> ugly.
If you could provide an example of the second approach that would be great.

If you could wrap the ugliness with a clean interface in some API update
that would also be great. :-)

Thanks

Michael
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml