[wingide-users] Execute to Window & Jump to Error Line

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 11 09:32:48 MST 2007

Wingware Support wrote:
> You may want to look at how the cvs script handles subprocesses and use
> that approach instead.  I will look at your script later and try to
> suggest a better approach.  I just looked at your script briefly saw
> that it imported threading and thought this may be a problem.  Sorry
> that the wingapi is not documented as being not thread safe.

It looks like your options are either to use
application.AsyncExecuteCommandLine and to wait until the command
terminates to feed the output to the scratch editor or to reach through
the api to get the incremental output.  An example of how to do the
first is the cvs support script, cvs.py and I could come up with an
example of the second if you want, though it's likely to be ugly.

This is clearly an area of the api that needs to be improved, which
hopefully we will do in the future.

Cheers,