[wingide-users] Execute to Window & Jump to Error Line

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Jan 10 17:28:01 MST 2007

Wingware Support wrote:
> I'll look at this more closely later, but do _not_ call into the wing
> api from a subthread.  I think you're doing this from the thread that
> runs popen, though I'm not entirely sure.  Wing is a single threaded
> app and you're getting lucky if calls from multiple threads seem to work.
Ok. I wondered if it could be a threading issue. (We call ScrollToLine
from within our thread.)

Have you another suggestion as to how we can get our script to scroll
the output window without blocking Wing whilst the subprocess is executing ?

Maybe GTK has a way to invoke callback functions on the main thread ?

All the best,

Michael
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml