[wingide-users] Execute to Window & Jump to Error Line

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Jan 10 16:24:13 MST 2007

Hello all,

I've put up a blog entry with two simple scripts we've developed at work.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2007_01_06.shtml#e608

The first is a better version of our 'output to window' script.

The second is a 'jump to error line' function. Bind it to a key and then
use it when your cursor is in a line of a traceback in the output
window. Very useful.

By the way, the bug I report in the blog entry doesn't seem to go away
when we fix the typo in 'wingapi.py' as Christian reported previously.
On at least one machine we saw the same error with a 'fixed' wingapi, so
it looks like there is still a problem.

We would like to use 'ScrollToLine' *without* setting a bookmark. We
scroll the output window as the output is arriving (essential for
usability), but this adds one bookmark per line which breaks bookmarks
for us.

Comments and suggestions appreciated on improving these scripts.

All the best,

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml