[wingide-users] Execute with Output to an Editor Window

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Jan 8 13:32:26 MST 2007

Hello all,

I've implemented a simple Wing script which executes the current script
with an external executable (the example shows python as the hardwired
executable). The output is piped into a new editor window.

You can see the script at:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2007_01_06.shtml#e605

This was a feature we missed from TextPad. having the output in an
editor window is often useful.

What we'd really like to do is turn tracebacks into links, with callback
functions that open the file at the right line. Is this even possible ?

Also, is there a neater way to clear an output window than :

    doc.DeleteChars(0, doc.GetLength())

(Which doesn't seem to work.)

Are all the methods on editor and doc objects documented anywhere ? The
docstring on doc.DeleteChars wasn't astoundingly helpful :

	 API to access an open editor document.  A single document may be
shared by multiple editors.

Fuzzyman