[wingide-users] How do I turn off tooltips in the Source browser

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Feb 19 10:37:21 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 16:28 +0000, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> Have the tooltip windows in the source browser only just appeared?

I think they're new as of Wing 2.1 and appear in any place where a cell
in a tree/list is truncated.

> They're extremely annoying - I regularly have to triple-click to go to a function definition because a tooltip appears. One click clears the tooltip, then a double click to get the function.

Yes, this is a bug we need to fix.

> Any way of turning them off?

Apparently not.  The Enable Tooltips preference has not effect on this
though it probably should.

A work-around would be to use the middle mouse button to open items, if
you have one on your mouse (if you have a mouse wheel, press on the
wheel).

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python