[wingide-users] Feature request: ipython instead of dumb python console

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Feb 16 09:19:43 MST 2007

Jaroslaw Zabiello wrote:
> Why not to use ipython with its great colour highlighting, saving
> history and *autocompletion* festures? Even PythonWin has better
> integrated console  because it can use any part of the screen and has
> builded autocompletion. WingIDE Pro is sofisticated in autocompletion
> for source code, but it is dumb when I want to use its Python console.

We are working on improving Wing's python console tool and will be
adding autocompletion in future Wing versions.  We also will be looking
at whether we can make use of ipython.  Note that you can currently move
the console tool to different toolboxes or into a separate toolbox
window and it should be saving its history.

Thanks for the feedback,