[wingide-users] File Sorting and All Open Windows (Two Feature Requests)

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Feb 15 06:32:05 MST 2007

Hello all,

Two more feature requests :-)

Firstly, in our project we have a large number of files that use
incremental numbering in the filename.

E.g. :

UserStory1Something.py
UserStory2SomethingElse.py
UserStory21SomethingElseEntirely.py

Windows explorer does clever magic so that these names are sorted
numerically as well as alphabetically, but in the Wing project view the
sort is only alphabetical - making it very difficult to find files by
number.

Secondly:

It is common for us to work with a lot of files open. You can select an
open file from the 'Window' menu - but it would be very useful to have a
drop-down list of all open files somewhere on the main GUI. It breaks
the flow to keep having to go to the menu.

Thanks

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml