[wingide-users] .pri Files for .NET (autocomplete for .NET classes when using IronPython)

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Feb 8 14:59:01 MST 2007

Hello all,

Wing uses .pri files for its autocomplete. (IIRC)

We'd love autocomplete for .NET classes. The current tool for generating
.pri files uses "inspect.get_argspec" (which doesn't work in IronPython)
and so would need a bit of work (like adding references to assemblies)
to work with IronPython.

It occurs to us that an alternative approach might be for us to generate
pri files for *all* the .NET classes in one go.

Is this a viable approach?

By which I mean - does Wing load *all* the .pri files into memory. Would
creating a huge set of them be *likely* to impact performance of Wing ?

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml