[wingide-users] Find File - Feature Request

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Feb 8 08:05:46 MST 2007

Michael Foord wrote:
> It looks like my boss is about to splash out for three Wing licenses, so
> at last some of us will be using Wing at Resolver.

Great!

> One *really* nice feature of Eclipse is the shift-ctrl-R find file feature.
>
> This brings up a dialog with a textbox. As you start typing a filename
> (not a path name) it fills the dialog with all the files from your
> project that match the name.

Yes, this sounds like a good idea.  It's not the same, but you may want
to try "open from keyboard" in Wing (ctrl-K in default keymap), which
lets you enter a filename with completion.  It's what I use to open files.

> The eclipse extract method is also very intelligent (adding the correct
> arguments and return values). My trial has expired and I can't remember
> if Wing has an extract method tool, but I guess a lot of work has gone
> in to the Eclipse refactoring stuff.

Refactoring is something we intend to support in the future, but don't
have explicit support for it currently.

Cheers,