[wingide-users] Missing modules in wing 3.0?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 19 07:37:41 MST 2007

Torsten Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are the stdlib modules pickle, shelve and subprocess missing for any
> special reasons from WingIDE's included Python interpreter? I ran into
> that problem when I loaded a 3rdparty package inside a WingIDE script,
> which happened to use these modules.

The Wing installation only includes modules used by Wing itself.  You
should be able to add modules from a stock Python installation, just
make sure the versions match.  The Python version is logged to the
error-log when Wing start (Wing 3.0.2 uses Python 2.5.1).

We plan on including most of the stdlib in future Wing versions.

Cheers,