[wingide-users] Source Analysis issue with Plone Package files

Andrew D. Fields Andrew at Divix.biz
Tue Dec 11 14:09:29 MST 2007

Comments below.

Yes, I am aware of that. I was shortening the paths for readability
sake.

> I think I know what we need to do.  We'll try to automatically
> recognize whatever setuptools magic is doing the name space merging
and
> replicate it as far as Wing's source analyzer goes.
>
> I'm not sure yet how hard that is, so it may go into 3.1.  I could
> offer a dirty hack for 3.0 if you want, where you could write a script
> to reach through the Wing API into some internals to register your
eggs
> as merge directories.  We've already got support for this for Zope2
but
> it's not exposed to the user for the general case.

If it is not too much trouble; I was actually looking into this myself.
I figured there must be a way to program the referencing, but just
didn't have enough knowledge of the API to make it happen.
Just let me know what to do and I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks.
Andrew D. Fields