[wingide-users] Bug Report

Dan Cotruta dan at catmando.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 11:32:49 MST 2007

The odd thing is - that's what I figured at first. But Wing never recovered
(and while there were a lot of files, there were nowhere near that many
subdirectories. Anyhow, this is actually quite a common occurrence for us
now. We're Plone developers and since in version 3 everyone's moving to a
script based buildout systems for their installations, an update will
overwrite lots of directories. Because of this, our SVN repo often has to be
reintegrated with the changes and this often involves some convoluted
checking out and in finished by a complete removal of a project's root
directory (which is then recovered anyway because we rename a temporary
folder back to the original name).

I don't know whether this means anything in the long run, but for now we'll
just have to make sure that Wing is shut down while we do updates or rebuild
the instance.