[wingide-users] Bug Report

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 10 09:36:15 MST 2007

Dan Cotruta wrote:
> Hello there. I'm using *3.0.2 *on CentOS 5.1 - and I think I've found a
> bug. If you have a Wing project open, and you delete the root folder
> contained in that project externally (either through the command line or
> X windows) Wing crashes. It nearly took the entire kernel down with it.
> I ca replicate this and provide a traceback if this is a new bug.

It looks like Wing is scanning the disk so intensively that it hangs up
for a while.  I just tried this w/ our sources by moving the directory
and it lasted about 15 seconds to scan about 1.7K directories and 30K files.
Then it complained about the project being gone and worked normally.
Also, during the scan I was able to use other programs w/o any problem.

Does this sound about right, as far as the proportion of time/files?

We can try to improve this although I'm guessing it's rare and certainly
can be avoided (moving the data out from under a running application is
probably in general not a good idea ;-).

My main concern is if this really could take down your machine entirely
or if Wing ended up losing data some other way.

Thanks for the bug report!