[wingide-users] Scripting Example

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Dec 9 11:33:49 MST 2007

Ekrem SEREN wrote:
> I am getting this error while trying test.py script example;
>
> ImportError: No module named edit.editor
> File "/home/havan/.wingide3/scripts/test.py", line 1, in ?
>   import wingapi
> File "/usr/lib/wingide3.0/bin/wingapi.py", line 18, in ?
>   import edit.editor
>
> Project's Python Path is set to "/usr/lib/wingide3.0/bin"

What context are you trying to run the script code in?  Scripts will run
in the context of a Wing IDE instance and usually should be saved to a
file in the list of scripting directories.  When a file is changed, you
can reload the scripts via the reload all scripts command on the edit
menu or by setting Wing up to reload automatically.  To run scripts in
Wing's debugger, you need a copy of Wing's source and run Wing in a
debug session.

Please see http://wingware.com/doc/scripting/index for more details.

Cheers,