[wingide-users] auto completed prompt from current file?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 7 12:52:13 MST 2007

Pete wrote:
> On Friday December 7 2007 12:47:58 pm Michael Foord wrote:
>> Wingware Support wrote:
>
> I recognize inferring return-value types is non-trivial, but I really wish
> wing did this.  Maybe an @assert_return_isinstance decorator?  Eww..

Wing does infer some return types when it finds the source code for the
function being called, including (probably) the cases where such an
iterator would be used.  As a trivial example, the following should be
analyzed successfully:
   def bar():
     return ''

The option I talked about adding would try to give you something like
the simple completion option found in other editors.

Cheers,