[wingide-users] auto completed prompt from current file?

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri Dec 7 12:43:36 MST 2007

On Friday December 7 2007 12:47:58 pm Michael Foord wrote:
> Wingware Support wrote:
> > sunqiang wrote:
> >> for example foo = bar().
> >> foo(the return value of bar()) is a string.  wingide can't figure it
> >> as a string, so it can't give auto complete prompt such as

I recognize inferring return-value types is non-trivial, but I really wish
wing did this.  Maybe an @assert_return_isinstance decorator?  Eww..

> This would be really helpful. We often use Wing with .NET classes (for
> which Wing can't infer methods of course). I often find myself thinking
> - 'for goodness sake this is the third time I've used this attribute -
> why don't you *know* that it exists' !! :-)

Yeah, me too.  Sometimes it makes me long for the braindead autocomplete in
other editors... but not very often.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com