[wingide-users] global OS Commands?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Dec 6 14:54:14 MST 2007

Adam Pletcher wrote:
> For our site, what would be even more ideal would be a way to use an
> installation-specific INI/config file of some sort to define global
> Toolbox/OS Commands for that user/install.  And maybe other stuff, but
> that's all I can think of for now.

One option may be to put some OS commands into the preferences file,
which is a text file in the user settings directory.

> Another approach could be adding ability to define a new command,
> including a keyboard binding for it.  Where are those stored?

Generically, commands are defined by scripts which may be stored in a
list of directories.  Scripts are somewhat more difficult to write than
defining OS commands so they each have their place.

Thank you for the detailed suggestions.