[wingide-users] global OS Commands?

Adam Pletcher adam at volition-inc.com
Thu Dec 6 10:14:45 MST 2007

For our site, what would be even more ideal would be a way to use an
installation-specific INI/config file of some sort to define global
Toolbox/OS Commands for that user/install.  And maybe other stuff, but
that's all I can think of for now.

Another approach could be adding ability to define a new command,
including a keyboard binding for it.  Where are those stored?
I suppose the command system would need to support OS commands natively,
rather than just calling toolbox OS Commands by ID like it appears to do
today.  Offhand it seems like OS Commands could be absorbed into the
command system, if it was given some additional functionality.  But I'm
getting off-topic.  :)

Barring the above, I'd say #1 below would be preferable for us, assuming
that per-user config file was accessible/parsable somewhere.  Reason
being, we have a tool that can pre-configure files like that prior to
launching common studio apps, like 3ds Max, Photoshop, etc.  I would
just have it verify/add the common OS Commands in there before launching
Wing IDE.

--
Adam Pletcher
Technical Art Director