[wingide-users] problem starting wing IDE remotely

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Dec 3 06:19:42 MST 2007

On 3. des.. 2007, at 08.24, Russ Paielli wrote:
> I just started using a trial version of the Wing IDE. I like it, and
> I will definitely get a regular license if I can use it effectively
> from home, logged into my workstation at work.
>
> It seems to work fine on my Dell Linux workstation (Red Hat) at
> work. But when I try to start it remotely on the Dell using my
> MacBook Pro (Intel) at home, I get this:
>
> BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>
> (I would copy and paste the entire message, but the Mac doesn't seem
> to let me do that.)
>
> Both of my computers are only a few months old. I am using ssh with
> X forwarding over Comcast cable, and I have been working remotely
> using X over ssh for years with no problem, nor am I having any
> problem with any other X application at this time.

I have no idea what the problem could be, but do know that the X
server that comes with Leopard is quite different from the one that
you got with Tiger.  Leopard's X is now based on Xorg 7.2, a great
improvement, but the transition is quite painful at the moment.

For background information and troubleshooting info see:

   http://homepage.mac.com/sao1/X11/index.html
   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz

Martijn Pieters