[wingide-users] problem starting wing IDE remotely

Russ Paielli russ.paielli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 00:24:49 MST 2007

I just started using a trial version of the Wing IDE. I like it, and I will
definitely get a regular license if I can use it effectively from home,
logged into my workstation at work.

It seems to work fine on my Dell Linux workstation (Red Hat) at work. But
when I try to start it remotely on the Dell using my MacBook Pro (Intel) at
home, I get this:

BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

(I would copy and paste the entire message, but the Mac doesn't seem to let
me do that.)

Both of my computers are only a few months old. I am using ssh with X
forwarding over Comcast cable, and I have been working remotely using X over
ssh for years with no problem, nor am I having any problem with any other X
application at this time.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--Russ