[wingide-users] beta 1 debug issue?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 22 13:46:00 MDT 2007

Timothy Reaves wrote:
>     I've created a project, and added an existing directory to it.  This
> directory has two subdirectories, tests and module. In the Project
> Properties dialog, I have this directory set in the Dbug tab, Initial
> Directory option.  When I open a test, and run it, I get ImportErrors
> where it's not able to find my modules in the test directory or the
> module directory.
>
>     When I drop down to the Python console, imports work there, so I
> believe I have things configured correctly.
>
>     Any ideas?

We diagnosed this with further private emails and for the record
I post the outcome here:

Wing 3.0 beta1 and earlier don't set up the run environment for
tests correctly.  We'll fix this in beta2.  A work-around in
beta1 is to set PYTHONPATH environment in Project Properties
(in the Environment field, not Python Path field).  However,
other things like run directory don't have an easy work around.