[wingide-users] debugger drops framerate in OpenGL app

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Aug 10 10:21:20 MDT 2007

Krešimir Špes wrote:
> After quite a while of debugging, I've realised that when I run my
> OpenGL program in wing Ide, the debugger causes my app to stop execution
> for 0.1 seconds every second or two.
> When I run my program with python directly, everything runs as expected.
>
> I've confirmed this on two machines, wing2.1.4 and wing3.0 on both winxp
> and linux.
>
> I've also disabled watches, call stack, stack data, asuming that their
> periodical update could be the cause, but to no avail
>
> any clues as to what could cause this and how to adress the issue?

Oops, I see there's indeed code that's waiting up to 0.1 seconds every second,
even when there's no traffic from the IDE.  So your time estimates are
right-on.

I've fixed that for 3.0 beta2, although this code is fairly complex,
so please let us know if you still see the jumping when 3.0 beta2 is out.

Thanks for the bug report!