[wingide-users] Search in Files suggestion

David Montgomery davidlmontgomery at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:04:56 MDT 2007

Hi,

(This relates to Wing Version 2.1.4-2 on Windows.)

I would prefer it if the Search in Files tool showed the current
options that are selected -- or at least the common ones shown
in the Search tool (Case sensitive, Whole words, In Selection).
(And to those I would add the Text/Wildcard/Regex radio.)

Frequently when searching across files I find that I need to
set an option like Case sensitive or Whole words  to restrict
the search.  And I may be using these search results for a
while, so I can't immediately change the options back.  So
what happens is that I forget these options are set, and in
some later search I wonder why I'm not getting the hits I
expect.  (Actually, that case isn't so bad -- the bad case is
when I just accept the list of hits that's given, not realizing that
I'm missing those that differ by case or word-status.)

David