[wingide-users] removing end of line spaces

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 7 10:44:12 MDT 2007

Allen Bierbaum wrote:
> Is there a way to tell the wing editor to remove end of line spaces
> automatically for new lines and lines that are being edited?  I don't
> know why, but when I am using wing I seem to end up with a huge number
> of lines with spaces at the end.

It's not an out of the box feature of Wing but you could take a look
at the very end of scripts/editor_extensions.py in your Wing installation
where uncommenting _init() would install something to auto-strip lines
when you save.

Note that this just does the whole file so would muck up diffs you see
with revision control systems / etc.  That's why it's disabled -- we
still want to add this but want to do it so only edited lines are stripped.

It's on our to do list but I don't yet know when we'll get to it.