[wingide-users] feature suggestion: completion+merging

Rex Turnbull rex at dicad.de
Mon Aug 6 02:14:53 MDT 2007

Tim Mitchell wrote:
> I use the 'replace existing symbol' mode and sometimes find that it
> clobbers to much sometimes.  Thinking about though it's usually when I
> don't want to replace the existing symbol.  Thus another solution
> could be to have 2 keybindings for selecting an autocompletion: Tab to
> select the symbol using the completion mode selected in the
> preferences (replace symbol), and Shift-Tab (or something) to select
> the symbol using the other mode (insert).
>
> What do others think
+1 for two auto-complete modes. There are many ways to activate the
auto-complete like '(' which is Shift+8 on German keyboards. But the
more I think about it, shift+tab is less keys to hit than retyping the
chomped word.

A key binding specifically for insert mode could also be the 'Insert' key.

Rex