[wingide-users] Debugger ignores a project's PYTHONPATH?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 2 17:45:01 MDT 2007

Pete wrote:
> On Thursday August 2 2007 5:53 pm, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:
>> I'm using Wing IDE Professional 3.0.0-b1 (rev 16026) on a Debian Etch
>> system and am having a small problem with the debugger: it seems to
>> ignore the PYTHONPATH setting as given in the project's properties.
>
> I seem to have similar problems under 2.1.4,  including in Source
> Assistant/View Source. I usually resort to starting Wing itself from a shell
> with the appropriate $PYTHONPATH set.  This is annoying, as I can't switch
> projects w/o restarting.

That's odd.  It seems to work for me whether I set PYTHONPATH in
Project Properties environment _or_ in the Python Path property
in Project Properties and I'm not seeing how it could fail easily.
This is certainly a pretty basic thing that should be working!

Could you try it in a new project and do Step Into some file
and see what sys.path is in the Debug Probe?  If it's wrong,
can you then submit a bug report from the Help menu with
the error log included (it will show the path used when
you started).