[wingide-users] Debugger ignores a project's PYTHONPATH?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 2 17:25:33 MDT 2007

Joe Friedrichsen wrote:
> I'm working on a small application made up of a one Python script and
> a few Python modules. The script uses the classes defined in the
> modules to go about its job. Following the tutorial's advice [1], I
> created a project for my application and set a custom PYTHONPATH to
> point to my source tree's module directory as an absolute path
> (/home/me/src/app/trunk/app/module_name). I'm using distutils to
> package and install the application, so the layout (cropped for
> relevance) is:
>
> |-- module_name
> |   |-- mod1.py
> |   |-- mod2.py
> |   `-- __init__.py
> |-- scripts
> |   `-- script_name
> `-- setup.py

Hmm, are you sure the path entry shouldn't instead be
/home/me/src/app/trunk/app (assuming module_name is
inside app)?

The presence of the __init__.py makes module_name directory into
a package so you can "import module_name" if you have
/home/me/src/app/trunk/app on your path.

If OTOH you are trying to do "import mod1" then there is a problem.
Submitting a bug report from Wing's Help menu after trying to debug
would get us more information if you leave "include error log"
checked.

Please let us know if that doesn't help.