[wingide-users] Debugging client-server app

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 26 15:25:24 MDT 2007

Tim Mitchell wrote:
> Yes, I'm using Wing 3 and this matches what I'm seeing.
>
> Just blocking the thread that the break point is in suits my situation
> (and I think is what Wing 2 used to do).  I am not bold enough to say
> that Wing should always do this though as stopping all/multiple threads
> at once may be useful in other situations, perhaps, maybe...

Wing 3 will always block all threads or let all threads run, at least
initially.  It's kind of hard to inspect other threads if they are
running.  My take is that your issue can be resolved by letting other
threads run when a command runs in the debug probe.

One could potentially have the capability of stopping only certain
threads, but I'm not at all convinced that it's worth the complexity
that is mainly on the user interface side of things.

Cheers,