[wingide-users] Debugging client-server app

Tim Mitchell t.mitchell at aranz.com
Thu Apr 26 15:00:58 MDT 2007

Hi,

My main project is a client-server application.  When I am debugging the
client and I use the Debug Probe many of my interactive commands never
return and the debug probe says 'Excuting command. Please wait for
result' along the top.
AFAICT this happens when I execute a command that calls to the server -
it appears the communications thread is also paused when I hit a
breakpoint in the main thread.  This is really annoying and also
severely limits the usefulness of the debug probe (Which is one Wings
major advantages over eclipse & pydev IMO).

Is there any way to restart (or not pause) the communications thread to
get around this?

Cheers
Tim

--