[wingide-users] Running the profile module in the python shell tool

Jonathan Mozes jon at rayv.tv
Thu Apr 26 07:26:43 MDT 2007

When trying to run a profiling test in the python shell (using either
Wing 2.1 or Wing 3.0a), I do not get an extensive list of function
calls. Instead the only function listed is the function I have called.

Even though I didn't think the cause of this was the same as the issue
with running the profile module inside the debugger tool, I tried
running it with an 'import' command attached to the execution string, to
no avail.

Of course, running the same command in a python command-line shell work
perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Jon.