[wingide-users] external files

Max Slimmer max at theslimmers.net
Thu Apr 12 13:38:07 MDT 2007

Not entirely so, you can define additional files in setup.py to be moved to
the dist dir specified with the data-files directive, then if you want to
use py2exe (windows) which works quite well, or some other packaging tool
for nix systems that is still possible. Py2exe builds an .exe and collects
.dll's and optionally puts .pyc files in a lib, you still end up with a
number of files to be delivered.  I use a commercial partially open source
tool to package the resulting files into a self installing bundle, but you
could just zip the dist directory.

WRT testing the resulting package under wing, I have seen some comments in
this list re py2exe built systems, I personally do my debuging and testing
prior to the distribution process.

Max