[wingide-users] Re: WingIDE 3.0 alpha1 - some notes

Timothy Reaves treaves at silverfieldstech.com
Mon Apr 9 21:20:02 MDT 2007

Jaroslaw Zabiello wrote:
> Version 3.0alpha1 has much better code completion for Python console.
> But I still miss PythonWin's full screen editing (where I can delete
> or copy any part of the screen to continue my work).
>
> I still miss pythonic Mako templates and HTML/CSS/JS code completion -
> Komodo 4 is more convenient here if somebody wants to work with Python
> and with Ruby and with HTML and with other formats during web
> developing.
>
> WingIDE 3 has still inconvenient way of how project and its files work
> together.  For me Eclipse has much more natural design here. I can
> create or add folders and files just by clicking on any node of my
> project tree. Simple and easy.

      Too bad no editor on any platform is 'near-perfect' anymore.  Having said
that, I do actually really appreciate Wing.  I think that overall it's a very
nice Python / Zope IDE.  I do agree that certain features would help with our
non-Python code tasks in our Python coding.  But I actually like Wing's layout &
usability much more than Komodo's.

      Now, if it were just native OS X instead of X, and faster.  It is very slow.