[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 2

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 20:18:08 MDT 2007

>>You can do that by setting the Files / Default Directory Policy
>>preference to Use Current Project's Directory.

In version 3.0, the browser to add the custom directory opens in the root dir.
Is there any reason not to make it open in the current project directory?
My projects tend to be several, dirs under MyDocuments, and traversing
to get there just doesn't seem necessary, for any program. Some of the
Microsoft Office programs still do this.

Wing's default in Wing 2.1.x is to key off the current file/selection
but it is a bit screwy in the case of saving a new file.  It defaults
to the current directory at time Wing was launched.  It looks like
this has been fixed in Wing 3.0 where it will default to the project
directory instead, but the fix has not been back-ported.