[wingide-users] Unusual exception when opening pickle file

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:52:29 MDT 2007

I've written one program to parse a text file into a pickle file, and
another program
to parse the pickle file, and display some results.

When I run the program that parses the pickle file, from the cmd line,
I am seeing an IOError exception when I try to open that pickle file.

When I try debugging this file with Wing 2.14-2 the program runs to
completion. No exception is seen when the file is opened.

I can't use Wing to debug this problem, because it seems to be masking
the problem form occurring.

I've tried setting Wing exception handling to all all 3 modes, and the
exception does not occurr when running inside Wing.

Has anyone seen a problem where running in Wing masks an exception?