[wingide-users] Feature Request: Fix and Continue

Warren, Russell russell.warren at newport.com
Wed Apr 4 15:06:36 MDT 2007

I'm a bit late on jumping in on this, but I'm +100 on edit & continue
capability.

I'm embarrassed to say that in three companies running now we've had
significant installations of VB6 in place, and one of the primary
reasons for not getting with the times and upgrading said installation
from VB6 (to anything) is the awesome Edit & Continue capability.  This
is obviously fantastic for general code developing, but is beyond
invaluable when running real time instrument interfacing with your code.
When something inevitably goes wrong, it is *incredibly* useful to be
able to see it happen, fix it, then test it, all without having to
restart all of your code and potentially not have the same hardware
state happen again.

Sometimes interpreted code just rules.  I'm sure Wing could fake it with
python.

Did I say +100?  I meant +1000.  I too would give several of Peter's
unborn children for this feature.

Russ