[wingide-users] Mac keyboard questions

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Fri Sep 29 07:32:06 MDT 2006

Some questions concerning the keyboard configuration on the Mac (for
WingIDE 2.1.2 with all applicable patches applied):

- Is there a way to define custom key bindings that use the command
key? When I use the command key in the definition of a key binding,
it shows up as Ctrl and the binding works for Ctrl rather than for
Command.

- The Alt/Option key doesn't see to do anything at all. I cannot use
it for special characters like elsewhere on the Mac, nor for
activating menu commands. Is there anything I can do about this?

My settings are:

Personality: OS X
Apple keyboardL Yes
Fix option key bug in Tiger activated (I use 10.4.7)
No alt key/not Apple X11

In the X11 configuration, I have "keyboard shortcuts under X11"
switched off and "Use the system keyboard layout" selected.

I tried to set "option" as global X11 alt key, hoping to get the menu
commands this way, but it doesn't make any difference.

Konrad.