[wingide-users] Move editor notebook tabs to left side

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 27 12:08:37 MDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Peter Fein wrote:
> I'm running Wing on a second laptop with a 1280x600 screen (yes, you read
> right).  Needless to say, vertical space is at a premium. ;)
>
> Would it be possible to add an option to display the editor notebook tabs on
> the left side, as is done for the Source Assistant, Project, etc?

I have a similar issue on my laptop, tho not quite as bad.
I'll look into what it would take to do this.

For now, you can turn off the notebook tabs by right clicking on
them and selecting Hide Notebook Tabs (then a menu is used
instead in the navigation menu area).  Also, I find I'm using
Shift-F2 to buy myself more space when editing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python