[wingide-users] Shouldn't Alt+T+S open the Python Shell?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Sep 26 18:59:44 MDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Dick Moores wrote:
> On the Tools menu in Wing IDE Personal, the "S" in "Python Shell" is
> underlined. So shouldn't Alt+T+S open the Python Shell?  It doesn't.

If you press Alt-T first and then S without the Alt key pressed,
does it work?

I see the modifiers don't work when the alt key is still pressed
for the second character, which is not how other apps work.
Thanks for noting this -- odd that it hasn't been reported

> Also, is there a key combination that will run a Python script if the
> Python Shell is already open? In the Options menu for the shell
> window, there is Evaluate <scriptname>, with the E underlined..

Not by default.  However, you can add a key combination in the
Keyboard / Custom Key Bindings preference for the command

I'll also fix the fact that Option in the shell and debug probe
don't respond to Alt-O, as they should.  F10 pressed repeatedly
seems to cycle through including that menu, but of course Alt-O
should work for it.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python