[wingide-users] How to simulate python -i myscript.py, using debugger

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:07:52 MDT 2006

I've done all of these.

I was able to set a breakpoint in my function, and the debugger would break
there, when I called my function from the Debug Probe window.

However, successive attempts at to do this didn't work. That is, the IDE
would only break once, even if I called my function several times, or
exited the IDE, exited the script at the commandline, restarted the IDE
(breakpoints set), and restarted the script via python -i script.py

We're getting close. This is a very cool feature.