[wingide-users] How to simulate python -i myscript.py, using debugger

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:20:07 MDT 2006

I need to run a script, so that the interpreter stays running after the the
script has ended. (aka python -i).
Can this be done within the Wing IDE?

I know there is an interactive shell and debug probe, but it's not quite the
same.
I have a breakpoint set in the first line of a function, and I want to trace
through it.

I've set a breakpoint just before the script exits. When I go to Debug Probe
and call my function, it executes, not with the debugger.