[wingide-users] Shell start failure

Ted Inoue tedinoue at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 20:52:44 MDT 2006

(sorry if this is a dup posting. sent this a few days ago and never saw it
come through).

I've recently installed the WingIDE on a new system and can not  get it to
successfully launch the Python Shell.

I checked all the FAQs, docs, etc. Verified shell path. Tried
environment variables. Uninstalled and reinstalled the IDE and Python.
Nothing.

The shell runs fine from a command prompt. As does IDLE.

I get the error about the shell not being able to start as well as the
debugger, "no debugger processes / not listening for connections"
message.

I've gone so far as to uninstall my virus checking / firewall software
from my system in case that was conflicting behind the scenes.

version info:
WingIDE: 2.1.2-1, patches 1,2
Python installation: 2.5c2 (r25c2:51859)
Windows XP Pro. SP2. All updates.
Computer: Vaio SZ240. 1GB RAM, 60GB HD. Core Duo processor.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
-Ted